I’ve been working on a small art quilt. I dyed this raw silk awhile back and have been wanting to make something with it.
Here is my process on deciding on the final design. I love this piece of green and eggplant fabric. I just couldn’t seem to figure out how to free motion quilt it so thought I’d set it aside and see what came up.
I decided I needed to add some circles. So the fun begins. This first circles were way too heavy.
Covering up the background wasn’t working for me so I cut out the large circle and added another one and several small circles.
Taking pictures of the process really helped me to decide where I wanted to go with this. I’d look at the layout and like it. Then after seeing the picture I found I really didn’t like it. I’ve got several more pieces of this dyed fabric I want to play with.
Yesterday I started cleaning and rearranging the studio. I’ve been getting a bit overwhelmed with all of this stuff. I look around and realize that I have plenty of room, but I really need to organize it better.
Hope you have a creative week. I’ll be here organizing, purging, and cleaning.