I’ve never been one to like to use air fresheners. I have always been concerned about what they put in them to make that smell. Anyway, I came across this recipe on Little House on the Prairie Living that I just had to try.
Years ago, I purchased a gel air freshener kit. I don’t have any idea where I got it from – must have been on sale – but I never made them. When I moved here I threw out the ingredients, but kept the little jars. Aren’t they cute?
I took Merissa’s recipe and cut it in half. I only wanted to make one jar to try it out. It’s so easy!
1 cup of water
2 packets of unflavored gelatin
15 or so drops of essential or fragrance oil
1 teaspoon of salt
- Bring a half cup of water to a boil.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the water and stir to incorporate.
- Add the salt and the other half cup of water and mix well.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add 15 or so drops of your favorite essential oil or fragrance oil into the jar.
- Add the gelatin water on top of the oils and stir.
- Let it cool.
- When it firms up, move to the room you’d like to freshen up!
I used one of my favorite fragrance oil which smells like coffee and chocolate. Yum!
It gelled up pretty quickly and it’s now sitting here in my woman cave. It smells so good, but not overpowering.
I’ll definitely make more. Let’s see one for the bathroom, one for the cat room….
Thanks to Merissa for her recipe.